Professional Certificate in Existential Supervision and Group Leadership
The philosophy of this programme is existential, which means that the focus of students’ practical work will be on understanding the human predicaments of their clients in a philosophical way. It draws on the work of existential and phenomenological thinkers and on the practice of existential psychotherapy.
The course has been accredited by the British Psychological Society as a CPD course and chartered counselling psychologists who complete it are eligible to apply for accreditation by the BPS as a psychologist supervisor with the BPS. It also leads to part fulfillment of the supervisor accreditation by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
The course consists of three separate modules:
- Module 1 Existential Group training
- Module 2 Existential Supervision training
- Module 3 Existential Leadership training
Each of these is taught over five consecutive days at NSPC. Each module can be taken independently and a certificate of attendance is given after the assignment for the course has been passed. Successful completion of the three modules leads to the full NSPC Professional Certificate in Existential Supervision and Group Leadership.
Possible Study Modes
- Intensive (4- 8 December 2017, 16- 20 April 2018 & 16- 20 July 2018 10:00- 17:00)
- 3 Weeks Summer School (9-27 July 2018 10:00-17:00)
- Mix and match options are also available
- Applicants need to have established their accreditation as a psychotherapist, a psychologist or a counsellor and they need to have professional registration with BPS, UKCP, BACP or equivalent
- They should be practitioners with sufficient experience to move towards the next stage of professional seniority
- Personal suitability for the course to be demonstrated at interview
Completion of the Professional Certificate in Existential Supervision and Group Leadership leads to recognition by the British Psychological Society, if you are a chartered psychologist, as psychologist supervisor. It entitles you to apply as a supervisor and trainer with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. NSPC is following the development by the UK Council for Psychotherapy of a supervisor accreditation scheme, and will apply for this qualification to count for that, once the criteria have been established.