Are you a good listener?
- 20th Jul '22 5.00 pm – 7.00 pm
Participants will have the opportunity to explore and reflect on what non-religious pastoral care could mean for them personally and as a potential new career opportunity.
This workshop will:
- describe existential and humanist pastoral care
- outline its theoretical underpinning
- explore the practice skills involved in supporting people through moments of emotional and spiritual distress and joy
- map the routes into new professional roles in hospitals, hospices, prisons and other community settings for non-religious pastoral carers/chaplains in emotional and spiritual well being teams.
In this workshop, Clare Elcombe Webber, Head of Humanist Care, Humanist UK and Liz Young, Course leader MA Existential and Humanist Pastoral Care, will set out a description of existential and humanist pastoral care, outlining its theoretical underpinning, and will explore the practice skills involved in supporting people through moments of emotional and spiritual distress and joy.
'Practicing Existential and Humanist pastoral care' is the first in a series of EA workshops exploring pastoral care opportunities in different settings, including health care settings with Lindsay van Dijk on 8th September. To find out more please visit our 'What's on' page at www.existentialacademy.com